Non Preferred Rate Selected When Itinerary Uses Multi-Modal Equipment Set
(Doc ID 881142.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version 5.5.03.06 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
An Itinerary is configured with a Multi-Modal Equipment Sets. An order is planned using this itinerary where there are two Rates Available:
1. Preferred Rate that is more expensive and using a Rate Cost that is specific to only one Equipment Group ID specified in the Multi-Modal Equipment Sets of the Itinerary
2. Non-Preferred Rate that is less expensive and using a Rate Cost that is specific to only one Equipment Group ID specified in the Multi-Modal Equipment Sets of the Itinerary
This order is Bulk Planned using Parameter Set including: USE RATE PREFERENCE=2 (which is Use Preferred Rate if Available).
The resulting shipment of this planning uses the Non-Preferred rate where it is expected to use the Preferred Rate.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Create Itinerary with Multi-Model Equipment Set
2. Create two rates, one preferred and the other non-preferred. Make each of these use a Rate Cost that uses a different Equipment Group
3. Create an order that will plan using the above itinerary and rates
4. Plan this order using Parameter Set with USE RATE PREFERENCE=2
Result of the shipment is a Non-Preferred rate.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document