Editing Rate Record Geography Edits the Original X_LANE Data Even If Other Rates Were Configured to Use this Same X_LANE
(Doc ID 943091.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version 5.5.04 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
This problem can occur on any platform.
-- Problem Statement:
Multiple Rate Records are configured where they all reference the same X_LANE. When one of these Rate Records is edited to modify the geography defined on the Attributes tab, the original X_LANE is updated. This effectively updates the geography of all of the other Rate Records (unknowingly) that had referenced this X_LANE.
Note: This was discussed in the past and reported as <Bug 6039085>. This bug was supposed to be
fixed in 5.5 CU4, however the problem still persists in this version as well as later ones.
-- Steps To Reproduce:
1. Define multiple Rate Records that share the same X_LANE_GID
2. Navigate to Contract and Rate Management -> Contract Management -> Rate Record
3. Search for and edit just one of the above Rate Records
4. Make modifications to the Geography as defined on the Attributes tab
5. Once saving, view the other Rate Records to see that their geography has also been modified with the above changes.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document