R12: Login Fails With Error "You are trying to access a page that is no longer active"
(Doc ID 946807.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 22, 2020
Applies to:Oracle E-Business Suite Technology Stack - Version 12.0.4 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.0 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In this particular customer case:
1. Navigate to the company portal web page. The company portal will set a cookie.
2. Attempt to login to Release 12 E-Business Suite
3. If your username and password are correct, you can expect to be taken to the responsibility screen. If your username and password are incorrect, you can expect to see an error message indicating that your login is invalid.
Instead, what you see is the following error regardless of the validity of the login credentials or you may just see the login screen again with no message:
You are trying to access a page that is no longer active.
- You may have attempted to access to this page directly by bookmarking the page or
copying the URL. This page does not support bookmarking.
- The referring page may have come from a previous session. Please select Home to
4. You can prove that the problem is with the company portal cookie of step 1 by deleting the cookie from the browser and then attempting to login. With no company portal cookie, the R12 login works as expected.
This problem does not exist with Release 11i which uses the iAS220.127.116.11.2.
This problem surfaced after upgrading to Release 12.x which uses Oracle Application Server 10.1.3.x.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|Example 1: A Normal Looking 12.0.4|
|Example 2: A Troubled 12.0.6|