Last updated on JULY 19, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.1 and later
Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
EXECUTABLE:WSHREL - Pick Release
Form:WSHFDREL.FMB - Define Release Rules Form
Form:INVIDCTL.FMB - Define Item Attribute Controls
Form:INVTOTRX.FMB - Transact Move Orders
***Checked for relevance on 11-Mar-2011***
When pick releasing a sales order for a basic item (No Controls applied), pick release is completing normally.
When pick releasing a sales order for a Lot Controlled item with a Picking rule defined to Pick items based on First Expired First Out(FEFO) Lot control sequence. The system fails to allocate the item based on this specific picking rule.
The following error is raised when user attempts to allocate items via the transact move order form:
"Error: The Material Sourcing Process Failed to create picking suggestion for the line X of move order number AAA."
Expect ...that pick release should allocate based on the picking rule (FEFO Lot control sequence).
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
- Order Management Super User Responsibility
- Enter and Book a sales order containing lot control items
- Release Sales Orders
- Pick Release Sales Order with Picking rule with FEFO Lot Control Sequence
- Inventory Responsibility
- Transact Move Orders
- View Pick Wave Move Order
- Allocate Move Order Line
- Error is Raised: The Material Sourcing Process Failed to create picking suggestion for the line X of move order number AAA
- Delivery Detail is backordered
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms