Leave of Absence (LOA) Generating Error You Are Trying To Lock A Row In The Per_all_assignments_f When Two or More Absences are Entered at the Same Time
Last updated on JULY 18, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On 12.0.6 in Production:
When attempting to approve Leave of Absence function transaction in SSHR application, the following error occurs:
Cause: You are trying to lock a row in the PER_ALL_ASSIGNMENTS_F table which is currently being locked by another user.
Action: Re-query and attempt to lock the row again."
Steps To Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. User navigates to Employee Self-Service => Leave of Absence.
2. Employee Creates new Absence Request.
3. Start Date 03-MAR-15
4. End Date 03-Mar-15
5. Duration = 8 Hrs.
6. Employee submits request for Manager Approval.
7. Manager receives and Approves the Request.
8. Request moves to a "Final Approver".
10. Final Approver approves the request.
11. Transaction cannot be found in Payroll (Client uses Oracle Payroll).
or be found in Absence History or Pending Absences (if future dated).
12. When reviewing Notifications, the error is shown.
13. Error occur
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms