Last updated on JUNE 28, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Materials Requirement Planning - Version 188.8.131.52 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Oracle Engineering - Version 184.108.40.206 to 12.1.3 [Release 11.5 to 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
***Checked for relevance on 25-Apr-2012***
***Checked for relevance on 25-Dec-2013***
On 220.127.116.11 in Production:
Users are having problems determining how MRP derives the Use Up Date for an unimplemented ECO.
Consider the following example:
1. Item A is currently at REV 01 and there's a change coming out that will not change the item name (ie form, fit, function is not applicable here) but only the REV level to 02.
Onhand = 25
Demand = 63 (All demand is currently past due)
One outstanding supply Purchase Order for qty = 100.
2. They create an ECO which is not implemented but is scheduled as they want to see the Use Up Date which is determined by the MRP Plan run
3. Run the MRP plan
4. Go back to the ECO and select the effective date
5. This opens a window which shows them the MRP calculated Use Up Date. However they see a value here equal to the plan horizon date of the MRP plan
6. Cancel the Purchase Order so that demand exceeds onhand and no other supplies are available
7. Rerun the MRP Plan
8. Note the ECO Use Up Date is now the current sysdate plus 1 day which is what they expected to have happen
Expect the Use Up Date to only take into account on hand and demand only. It's not expected that the open purchase order will be included
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create unimplemented ECO which is open, scheduled, but not implemented
2. Run the MRP Plan
3. Review the effectivity date in the ECO and see the plan horizon (ie plan end date)
4. Cancel the one open PO for the item
5. Rerun the MRP Plan
6. Now the ECO Use Up Date is current sysdate plus 1 day which is what they expected to have happen
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms