Cannot Add A New Role In Resource Manager, LOV Displays Only Roles Already Assigned
Last updated on JUNE 17, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Common Applications - Version 12.0.6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Trying to add a new role to a resource and the search returns only the roles that are already assigned to the resource in the List of Values (LOV).
Steps To Reproduce
- (R) Compensation Manager
- (N) Resource management >Resource
- Query a resource
- Add a new role to the resource: role type: Telesales; role name : Telesales agent
- Update the same role as a team member role
- In the same page, try to add one more role, with the same role type: Telesales > in the role name LOV, see the Telesales agent role, which is already assigned;
- Go out from the page and then navigate again to the same page and resource, trying to add a new role with type Telesales: see all the roles of this type
- (R) Resource Self Service Administrator
- (N) Home : Resources > Employees
- Query for a Resource
- Click Update icon
- Navigate to ‘Active Roles’ section
- Click on ‘Add Another Row’ and add a Role Type and click on search icon for Role Name and the whole list of Roles is displayed, select a Role.
- Create a record under Group Membership and add the same role as group member Role.
- Now again click on ‘Add Another Row’ under Active Roles section and Associate the Role Type same as above and click search icon for Role Name, the values returned are those already assigned.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms