Service: Note Type Not Mandatory In Log and Notes Form
(Doc ID 970795.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Teleservice - Version 18.104.22.168 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124 version, find that agents are able to save Logs and Notes with NULL Note Type.
Expect the environment to prevent the user to save without entering any Data in the yellow compulsory fields.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1)Login using Customer Support responsibility
2) Create/Open a SR
3) Click on Log and notes button on SR header.
4) Able to save a note without note type here, though field is yellow.
5) Go to Workbench tab --> Log and Notes button.
6) Here also one can save a note without note type here, though field is yellow.
Also the same issue is observed on the menu bar
1) Go to Tools --> Notes.
2) Here also a Note can be saved without note type here and the field is not compulsory (yellow).
All these notes that are created without Note type are not visible in iSupport.
The impact is that notes are not visible to customer users in iSupport if users do not select any note type in SR form.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document