orig_system_id1 Incorrect in Target Contract Line For Renewal Consolidation
(Doc ID 975020.1)
Last updated on APRIL 07, 2022
Applies to:Oracle Service Contracts - Version 126.96.36.199 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Use the Renewal Consolidation function to renew a contract line/subline from a target (Active) contract. Find that the orig_system_id1 in the new contract line is the orig_system_id1 from the original contract line, not the line id from the source contract.
The orig_system_id1, the unique identifier in the source system, should correctly identify the contract line or subline from the source.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Navigate to the Contracts Launchpad. Create contract A, a contract that has a contract line and a subline.
2. Create a new contract, B.
3. Copy the line from contract A into contract B.
4. Use Help / Diagnostics / Examine to obtain the id for the contract line and subline in contract B. Run this query to obtain the orig_system_id1:
select orig_system_id1 from okc_k_lines_b
where id = &line_id;
Note that these are the id values from contract A, the contract from which these lines were copied.
5. Approve and sign contract B.
6. Create contract C.
Make sure that a renewal consolidation for Contract B can be included in this contract.
- the contract start date must be earlier than the end date of contract B.
- the contract end date must be later than the end date of contract B.
- the customer, bill to address and ship to address must be the same in the two contracts.
7. Open the launchpad and search for contract C.
8. Select Tools from the toolbar; select Renewal Consolidation.
- Select the contract line from contract B.
- Submit the concurrent request to include the renewal for the line in contract B into contract C.
9. Open the new contract line in Contract C. Use Help / Diagnostics / Examine to obtain
the line id values for the line and subline.
10. Run this query:
select orig_system_id1 from okc_k_lines_b where id = &line_id;
The values reference the line id's for contract A, not the line and subline from Contract B.
The orig_system_id1 in the new contract line has the orig_system_id1 from the source contract.
It should have the 'id' of the contract line that is the source for the renewal consolidation.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!