Built Shipment Not Using Parameter "RATE ALL EQUIPMENT GROUPS IN SHIPMENT BUILDING"
Last updated on JULY 09, 2014
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Operational Planning - Version: 5.5.05.05
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On OTM version 5.5.05.05
Parameter RATE ALL EQUIPMENT GROUPS IN SHIPMENT BUILDING is only called when bulk plan is used but not when planning an order using the plan direct action.
Expect same results in both bulk plan and build direct
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set parameter set ID : Set ID (copy of default parameter with just the RATE ALL EQUIPMENT GROUPS IN SHIPMENT BUILDING set to TRUE)
2. Create equipment groups:
10 KG truck - weight 10,000
15 KG truck - weight 15,000
3. Enter Rate record RR_TL6_SET that is associated with equipment group profile 10 KG truck with a cost of $500/shipment
4. Enter Rate record RR_TL12_SET that is associated with equipment group profile 15 KG truck with a cost of $300/shipment
5. Create an order (weight is 10 KG) and bulk plan it using parameter SET "SET ID" - shipment will be planned with equipment group 15 KG for a cost of $300
6. Use the same order again and plan it direct ( create buy shipment -> direct) using parameter SET" SET ID" - shipment is planned with equipment group 10 KG for a cost of $500
7. When inspecting the log for plan direct - One would not see a mention of the parameter ever being called.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms