Non-Routine Deferral Approval does Not Change the Work Order Status to 'Cancelled' but Remains in 'Pending Deferral Approval'
(Doc ID 980224.1)
Last updated on MAY 27, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 12.1.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When the Workorder Deferral notification is approved from the Worklist without the approver choosing any responsibility after logging in into the Oracle Applications, the work order stays in 'Pending Deferral Approval' status and doesn't move to 'Cancelled' status.
The following error occurs in the Workflow notification:
Item Type = AHLGAPP
Item Key = CONCEPT:PRDWF:133444:1
User Key =PRDWF:133444
Error Name = -20160
Error Message = ORA-20160: Encountered an error while getting the ORACLE user account for your concurrent request.
Contact your system administrator.
ORA-06512: at "APPS.ALR_AHL_UNIT_DEF_867_88095_UAR", line 3
ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'APPS.ALR_AHL_UNIT_DEF_867_88095_UAR'
ORA-06512: at "APPS.AHL_PRD_DF_APPR_PVT", line 1332
ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception
Error Stack =
AHL_PRD_DF_APPR_PVT.Update_Status(AHLGAPP, CONCEPT:PRDWF:133444:1, 1: User does not have permission to cancel this workorder.
2: Errors encountered while completing Workorders.
AHL_GENERIC_APRV_PVT.update_status(AHLGAPP, CONCEPT:PRDWF:133444:1, Unexpected Error!)
AHL_GENERIC_APRV_PVT.Approved_Update_Status(AHLGAPP, CONCEPT:PRDWF:133444:1, 250960, Unexpected Error!)
Wf_Engine_Util.Function_Call(AHL_GENERIC_APRV_PVT. APPROVED_UPDATE_STATUS, AHLGAPP, CONCEPT:PRDWF:133444:1, 250960, RUN)
Activity Id = 250960
Activity Label = AHL_GEN_APPROVAL:UPDATE_APPROVAL_STATUS
Result Code = #EXCEPTION
Notification Id =
Assigned User =
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Planning > Unit Maintenance Plan > Overview
2. Search for a non-routine in UMP by providing the Non Routine Number 16204
3. Select the NR and select the Maintenance Deferral/Concession option from the dropdown list. Press Go button.
4. In the Service Request Deferral details page enter the Defer To Date and Submit for Approval
5. Receiving confirmation message: "Approval request for Maintenance Requirement Deferral has been submitted successfully".
6. Login with a user that can Approve/Reject such requests, and go directly to Worklist without choosing any responsibility
7. Approve the request
8. The application displays the confirmation message: "Approved: Deferral approval request for Service Request(<SR number>) in visit(<visit_number>)."
9. Go to Status Monitor to review the Workflow notifications
10. See that ASO Generic Approval for the above event has Status='Error'
11. Re-querying the same NR from UMP shows it with Status = 'Pending Deferral Approval'
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document