R12 AP: Payables Import Process Allows the Creation Of Duplicate Invoices
Last updated on JANUARY 16, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.0.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When importing invoices using the Payables Open Interface Import program (APXIIMPT), duplicate invoice numbers are imported successfully without getting rejected with 'Duplicate Invoice Number' rejection code.
This issue was observed when the following occurred:
- Loaded aninvoice into the AP interface table from a flat file using sql*loader
- Ran the Payables Open Interface Import program
- The invoice was rejected due to a different issue (an invalid supplier site)
- Corrected the issue
- Re-processed the flat file which loaded the same invoice into the AP interface table again.
- This system automatically kicks off the Payables Open Interface Import program after the flat file is processed
- This resulted in 2 separate APXIIMPT processes running at the same time.
- Each of the APXIIMPT was processing 1 of the 2 duplicate invoices.
- Since they were both running at the same time and neither invoice was fully imported when the import program checked for the duplicate invoice number, both invoices were imported.
- This scenario happens regularly here and it was not an issue in 11i, since the index AP_INVOICES_U2 prevented the creation of duplicate invoice.
The system was upgraded from R11i to R12. In the upgrade to R12, enhancement request <Bug: 9105666> APXIIMPT SHOULD INCLUDE VENDOR_SITE_ID WHEN REJECTING DUPLICATE INVOICE NUMBERS was implemented. This enhancement allows an invoice number to be re-used by a vendor as long as the vendor site information is different.
This implementation of this Enhancement Request dropped the AP_INVOICES_U2 index
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms