Cost Allocation Using Dim Weight Factor Does Not Work In Certain Circumstances
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Transportation Management - Version: 5.5.05 to 5.5.05 - Release: 5.5 to 5.5
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Error Exception AllocationMetric::adjustOrderCosts - ERROR - allocation stopped to prevent endless loop.
at sun.reflect.GeneratedConstructorAccessor110.newInstance(Unknown Source)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up an Allocation Rule where each of the 3 parts allocate by Dimensional Weight (100%)
2. Add the Rule to an Allocation Profile and make it the Default profile.
3. Have an Order Release with the DIM factor attached.
4. Plan the order onto a Shipment.
5. Note the Shipment has no Dimensional weight value calculated.
6. Attempt to Allocation.
7. The allocation fails and the error is seen.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms