Automatic Reversal Swift Message Not Generated For Reversed Contracts In OBPM
(Doc ID 2583361.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 28, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Banking Payments - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Implementation Support
Automatic reversal swift message not generated for reversed contracts in OBPM
User has created a bank transfer contract from PXDOTONL SCREEN and accounting and message generation(MT202) happened successfully.
However when user reversed the contract from PMSOTNVW, only accounting entries are getting reversed and no reversal message is generated.
If customer transfer (MT103) is reversed then mt192 has to be generated automatically post reversal.
Similarly MT202 reversal should generate MT292 . The same applies to Bank transfer against own account (mt200) transaction.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Book Customer Transfer transaction using screen PXDOTONL
2. Message 202 will get generated and related accounting entries will be available on screen.
3. Now reverse transaction. Go to screen PMSOTNVW. Select transaction and click on Cancel Request.
4. Save and authorize the Transaction Cancellation Request.
5. Then query the transaction from PXDOTONL and check if message is generated or not. Accounting entries for reversal are present but message is not present.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot check the reversal message for bank transfer contract.
The cause of issue is explained as follows:
Separate screen is not available in 14.1 version for cancellation.
The following justifies how the issue is related to this specific customer:
As per the user requirement, if customer transfer (MT103) is reversed then mt192 has to be generated automatically post reversal.
But in current version, messages will not get generated automatically as process/functionality for the same is not available.
This is explained in the following bug:
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document