Lease Account with spread FUTURE advancement method. Excess payment posted with a message "Spread Due Date Advancement Code can not be FUTURE"
(Doc ID 2719453.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 13, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Financial Services Lending and Leasing - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Lease Account. Default spread defined with FUTURE advancement method.ACC_FUNDING_TYPE_CD = CLOSE_END
When a payment is posted with this default spread for lease system post the payment but with a message "Spread Due Date Advancement Code can not be FUTURE" .
System should post the payment without any warning message
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set the system parameter TPE_EXCESS_PAYMENT_TO_MEMO = N.
2. Create Lease account where due amount will be 800
3. Execute billing job for first month. Check whether due created for 800.
4. Post an excess payment of 2000 by selecting the Payment spread as Future (advancement method) having the payment allocations for Lease receivables Billed
5. check the Payment allocation to Bill due . In summary screen Amount paid excess should displayed as 1200.
6. Execute the billing job for second month, check the due 800 generated.
7. Check Payment allocation to this Bill due for 800. Excess payment 1200 should have been allocated for this due
8. In summary screen Amount paid excess should display as 400.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, User not able to process the excess payment with Payment spread as Future (advancement method) having the payment allocations for Lease receivables Billed
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document