Error: The length of user name must be between 6 to 256, While Creating User with Username Less than 6 Characters Long.
(Doc ID 2776579.1)
Last updated on MAY 14, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Banking Digital Experience - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 20]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating a User by using the User Management screen the below error is displayed on the screen when the username is chosen as less than 6 characters long. The Username field itself takes a maximum of 35 characters but in the error encountered it is mentioned as 6 to 256 characters. Also, the error message does not come on the initiation screen but on the confirmation screen.
The length of user name must be between 6 to 256
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. As a Admin user Click on User Management and click on Create button.
2. Select a User Type from the drop down and enter Party ID and click on Create.
3. Enter Username with less than 6 characters and fill other mandatory fields.
4. Click on Save button which brings up the review screen.
5. Click on Confirm button it will give the error.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document