FT - SWIFT Message MT199, Tag 79 Is Incorrectly Generated
(Doc ID 2830575.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 03, 2022
Applies to:Oracle FLEXCUBE Universal Banking - Version 12.3 to 12.3 [Release 12]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.3 version, Implementation Support
FT - SWIFT message MT199, tag 79 is incorrectly generated
We have noticed that we are having issues with the generation of SWIFT message MT199, more specifically in field 79.
The issues we are facing are the following:
- Field 79 of the message is generated with a pair of extra CR LF characters which cause the content of the field to be generated with spaces, and not as per swift standards.
- When the charge amount of the transaction is greater than the transaction amount the MT199 is generated not correctly.
1. Generate MT199 for payment where the transaction amount is lower than the charge amount. Check the generated message format in field 79.
2. In SWIFT folder ‘IN’ we upload the file, to be processed
3. Run jobs - SMSJOBBR ‘EMS_IN’ - - CSSJOBBR ‘PR_AUTO_MT100_FT_STP’
4.FTDTRONL - Payment is successfully saved in Flexcube as on Hold
5.FTDTRONL - Payment is manually unlocked and saved
6.CSDAMLV - XML Response is received
7.FTDTRONL - Payment is authorized. Accounting entries are correctly generated
8.MT199 is generated, with receiver as tracker Bank Identifier Code and status code as ACCC
Generated message :
// --This is an additional row that shall not be generated
71F:EUR0 --According to the standard this tag shall not be generated here.
// --There is an additional CR LF here
71F:EUR0 -- The charge amount is 25 EUR
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document