How to associate Outlook Client Deployment Packages to the seeded Sales Representative and Sales Manager Job Roles
(Doc ID 1501892.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 29, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Out-of-the-box there are two seeded Outlook Client Deployment Packages i.e.
- Default Microsoft Outlook client deployment package for sales representative
- Default Microsoft Outlook client deployment package for sales manager
These packages are in turn associated to two seeded Duty Roles
- Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Sales Representative Duty Role
- Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Sales Manager Duty Role
These Duty Roles are in turn associated to two seeded Job Roles i.e.
- Sales Representative (Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Sales Representative Duty Role)
- Sales Manager (Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Sales Manager Duty Role)
All users of Sales Cloud for Outlook must
a) Be associated to a Job Role which includes one of the Outlook Duty Roles.
b) The Outlook Duty Role must be associated to a valid Outlook Client Deployment Package which has at least one Active Package Version.
The seeded Oracle Client Deployment Packages are not editable and always contain one active Package Version.
It may be necessary to create a new Outlook Client Deployment Package e.g. when testing Outlook Customizations using Application Composer as per Guidelines for Testing Extended Outlook Pages (Doc ID 1646125.1). After doing so the new Client Deployment Package must be associated to the Outlook Duty Role (and indirectly the Job Roles). This KM Note explains how to do this.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document