Opportunity Revenue Line - Required Constraint Fires Before Creating A New Record
(Doc ID 1547478.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 11, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion CRM Application Composer - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Opportunity Management - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Sales Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On Opportunity page , the following issue happens with a custom field validation (REQUIRED constraint) for Revenue Lines
A custom field in Revenue Lines , made as Required, for this even when no revenue line has been tried to be added on opportunity,
it gives an error.
Where as standard fields on Revenue Lines, validation fires when user adds a new line and have not entered value for a required field.
How to Reproduce the Problem
1. login to applications
2. go to Navigator > Tools > Application Composer > Application = Sales
3. expand Standard > Opportunity Revenue > Fields
4. create a new field of type "Number"
5. give name as HMtest
6. leave all other fields as come by default
7. and also go to "REQUIRED" field and enable this flag
8. click on Save and Close
9. go to Standard > Opportunity Revenue > Fields
10. create a new field of type "Number"
11. give name as HMTest
12. leave all other fields as come by default
13. and also go to "REQUIRED" field and enable this flag
14. click on Save and Close
15. go to Standard > Opportunity Revenue > Pages
16. go to Details > Edit Revenue Table
17. add the field HMtest to Selected fields column
18. click on Save and Close
19. now go to Navigator > Sales > Opportunities
20. click on Create New opportunity
21. fill just Opportunity Name field and click on Save & Edit or Save & Close
22. there is error
X Messages for this page are listed below.
x Attribute HMTest_c in OpportunityEO is required.
x Attribute HMtest_c in RevenueEO is required.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!