NullPointerException encountered when using Excel based data model with multiple Excel data sets in BI Publisher
(Doc ID 1561742.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Application Toolkit - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When creating a data model based on more than one Excel data set (either separate Excel files or separate worksheets within a single file), joining the two data sets results in no data being returned and an error being generated :
1. Create a new Data Model in BI Publisher
2. Create a new dataset using excel
3. Excel files have two tables defined (Main, Child)
4. Create 2 Data sets for the 2 tables in excel.
5. Run output XML
6. No results and an exception is generated.
Two types of errors were being reported :
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!