Unable to Update Legal Entity Description/name by Effective Date and Mass Update Too Restrictive
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Attempting to Change the name definition of a legal entity for a specific date. terminate and then change the definition, then reactivate, is not working to expectation (by effective date)
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. End date a legal entity to deactivate it
2. Deallocate the employees work relationship (remove active in check box on Legal Entity reference of employee)
3. Restart the Legal Entity with changed LE name and new date
4. Employee manage work relationship is now broken.
5. Also mass employee transfer cannot filtered by legal entity, so mass transfer not possible.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot change existing legal entity setup and keep historic legal entity naming/description data, this leads to the prospect that full transfers of employees between old and new groups is needed even when just a name change occurs, but mass update cannot operate efficiently in this mode.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms