Fusion PIM: Error Exception from HRESULT and the insert failed when trying to upload categories via ADFDi
Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Model - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In manage catalog application, when going to action > edit in spreadsheet, the ADFDi sheet open in read only mode with the error <Exception from HRESULT>
When trying to insert the categories on the ADFDi sheet, Insert failed error appears when upload button is clicked.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Navigator > setup & maintenance > search for Manage Catalogs
2. Go to category Hierarchy tab
3. Select a catalog and and select Action > Edit to Spreadsheet
4. Customer logs into the popup screen caused by ADFDi
5. An excel sheet with all the previous categories open and following error appears on screen
Exception from HRESULT
6. Also Note that Excel sheet has Opened in READ ONLY mode
7. Customer clicks on Insert rows for create and enter the number of rows to enter.
8. Users enter the data in the excel row and click on upload.
9. Insert Failed error populated on the row which was caused by incident error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms