Reversal Criteria Set With Last Day Reversal Date Not Working As Expected
(Doc ID 1632850.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 126.96.36.199.0 version, Capture Transactions-Record and Edit Standard Journal Entries
A journal category was set to reverse as of the last day of the next non adjusting period via a reversal criteria set. A journal was created using that category and the AutoReverse Journal program that ran shortly after picked it up and it got reversed immediately at the beginning of the next period.
Expect for the journal reversal to be created in the last day of the next non adjusting period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a Reversal criteria for a category with the following options:
Reversal Period: Next nonadjusting period
Reversal Date: Last Day
Reversal Method: Switch Debit or Credit
Automatic Reversal Option: Reverse and Post automatically
2. Assign the criteria set to the ledger in the Specify Ledger Options UI.
3. Create a journal entry for the specific category in a given period and post it.
4. Launch the AutoReverse Journal program using the next period in the parameters.
5. Check the execution report and resulting reversal journal. The resulting reversal journal has an accounting date of the beginning of the next period.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, a business case where the reversal for certain categories is expected to only happen at the end of the period, is not being met.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document