Fusion PIM: Ability To Call Additional Pre-processing Logic (hook) During Item Import
Last updated on MARCH 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product Hub - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Several additional steps are required for the processing of GDSN messages and product source document.
The current solution is to write additional code and include that in the program that populates the open item interface tables.
However, a long term customer objective is to replace this by the item import functionality. It would be much better if there was some kind of hook in the item import program that is called before the actual import process start. It can be used to manipulate the data in the import tables.
Example of additional pre-processing steps are:
- Map the GPC (item catalog) to the item class.
- Derive the supplier and supplier address based on the supplier GLN (a solution is targeted for R9).
- Synchronize multi row attribute groups (delete rows that are not available in the import file).
- Determine the revision code.
- Apply survivorship rules.
- Derive an attribute based on the pack structure.
The main advance is that there a generic solution that is always triggered during item import (also from item maps / ADFDI).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms