Fusion Global HR - How Can I Give Access to Hire Contingent Workers, but Not to Hire Employees
Last updated on FEBRUARY 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Application Toolkit - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion HCM Common Architecture - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The customer requires a role that allows a particular user to only be able to hire Contingent Workers, but not Employees, Nonworkers or Pending Workers.
A custom role has been created with the following:
- New Person Work Area Navigation Duty is present
- Hire Contingent Worker
- Employee Hire Duty, Nonworker Addition Duty and Pending Worker Hire Duty have been removed
In this configuration, the "New Person" Navigation link disappears from the menu. If the Employee Hire Duty is added back, the New Person navigation appears with the Hire an Employee and Add a Contingent Worker options.
Expect that the New Person Work Area Navigation Duty being available should allow the New Person navigation in the menu rather than the Employee Hire Duty.
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create custom role based on HR Specialist.
2. Remove the Employee Hire Duty, Nonworker Addition Duty and Pending Worker Hire Duty
3. Run the Retrieve Latest LDAP Changes LDAP process.
4. Login as person that has the custom role.
5. Click on the Navigator.
Observe that no New Person link appears.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms