Last updated on FEBRUARY 06, 2015
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to enter a new hire after changing the Send User Name and Password from No to Yes in Manage Enterprise HCM Information, the following error occurs:
A person number with the value already exists. Enter unique value. (PER-1531466)
When initial person number (in this case, 103120) is smaller than maximum person number (in this case, 9999001), updating enterprise information wont cause the system to start issuing person number from initial person number again.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigator>Setup and Maintenance
2. Search for task Name 'Manage Enterprise HCM Information'
3. Click the Go to Task icon
4. Search and select the Enterprise
5. Click the Edit button and select Correct
6. Scroll down to the User and Role Provisioning Information region
7. Change Send User Name and Password to Yes
8. Click the Submit button
Note: Worker Generation Number Generation is Automatic Generation Using Global Sequence and Person Number Generation Method is Automatic Prior to Submission. These options were not modified.
10. Navigator>New Person
11. Select the Hire an Employee task
12. Enter the required fields at a minimum
13. Click the Next button
Error is generated
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms