Cannot Create A Work Relationship For A Contact Person Type
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 18.104.22.168.0 to 22.214.171.124.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
An Incident is being logged when we try and create a work Relationship for a Person who is a contact of an existing employe or contingent worker.
This is best illustrated by an example where we have an employee, Jane, smith (person number 758), who has two contacts Toby, Smith (Child) and Maggie, Smith (Stepmother - Person Number 834)
Maggie, smith was originally created as a contact for Jane Smith. She has now been offered employment and we need to apply this change by creating a work Relationship. This is standard practice as we cannot go through the New Hire Process. The New Hire Process if used, would trigger the duplicate matching functionality showing that Maggie Smith already exists in the system.
Steps to Reproduce
1. Login as an HR Specialist - the user used has Seeded roles for HR Specialist
2. Welcome page is displayed - Navigate to person management
3. Search Person is shown - Search for a person who has contacts (758) - returns Smith, Jane - 758 - who is an employee
4. Open Jane, Smith's details and then select the Contacts tab, which shows:
Toby,Smith - child
Maggie, smith - Stepmother
5. Navigate to Person Management
6. Search Person is shown - Search for a Maggie Smith - person number 834 - this shows that Maggie is NOT an employee
7. Select the hyperlink on the entry for Maggie Smith
8. The Person Management form is show -- NOTE - NOTE - at the point NO PERSON details are shown.
9. select Manage Person at which point - Maggie Smiths Details are shown.
10 select Create Work Relationship at which point an incident is logged and the standard incident log message is displayed for incident -- 401 on - Server Domain: HCMDomain, server instance CoreProcessesServer_1, Application Name: HCMCoreApp
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms