Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Product and Catalog Management - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When item class of an item that has associated user-defined attributes (EFFs) is changed, system creates duplicate rows in EGO_ITEM_EFF_B table for some of the user defined attribute groups. This cause unexpected errors and behavior in the application, for the item.
1. Create an item with item class that has user defined attribute groups associated with it.
2. Query the items and select Actions > Change Item Class menu
3. From the LOV select another item class that is a sibling of original item class and has the same attribute groups associated.
5. Now query the item in EGO_ITEM_EFF_B. Duplicate rows can be found for saem attribute group, but with different item classes.
Attribute group: AG1
Item Class: PIC1 has AG1 associated.
CC1 & CC2 are 2 child item classes of PIC1 and inherit the attribute group AG1.
1. Create an item in CC1
EGO_ITEM_EFF_B will have:
2. Now go in and change the item class to CC2 and save. Now EGO_ITEM_EFF_B has 2 records:
CATEGORY_CODE CC1 CC2
ORGANIZATION_ID 204 204
INVENTORY_ITEM_ID 300100057975406 300100057975406
CONTEXT_CODE AG1 AG1
ACD_TYPE PROD PROD
This is incorrect. Exisitng record should get updated to CC2.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms