Reversal Period LOV Shows Incorrect Periods To Generate A Reversal Journal
(Doc ID 1679359.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 02, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion General Ledger Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Oracle Fusion General Ledger - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 220.127.116.11.0 version, Capture Transactions-Record and Edit Standard Journal Entries
The list of values (LOV) for the reversal period for a posted journal is not showing correct values after deleting a reversal journal for the journal.
When the journal is first created, the period field is blank and the LOV is displayed correctly: all open and future enterable periods are shown.
Expect to see the right values (posted journal period or future periods) in the reversal period LOV after the initial reversal journal is deleted.
The issue can be reproduced with the following steps:
1) Create Original Journal. In reversal tab, the Reversal period is blank; select a period from the LOV. No issue here, all open and future enterable
periods are shown correctly in Lov.
2) Post the journal.
3) Journal Action > Reverse. No issue to generate reversal journal. Original journal is now shown as "Reversed"
4) Go to the reversal journal, delete reversal journal.
5) Go back to Original journal. The reversal journal link is gone, and journal is at "Not Reversed" status again; user now needs to enter a new,
correct period for reversal. In Period LOV, the list of Periods is incorrect.
6) Click Search, user can not find available periods, though user can manually enter a period, blindly.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document