Last updated on MARCH 13, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cost Management - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create a costing flexfield, the following error occurs.
FND-2654: The value set XX_COST_ORG_CODES_VS cannot be assigned to this segment XX_COST_SEG1.
In application 707, key flexfield VALU, and structure XX_COST_FLEXSTRUCT, default value set, XX_COST_ORG_CODES_VS cannot be assigned to segment XX_COST_SEG1 which uses column COST_ORG_CODE. The assigned value set must have a data type that is compatible with the column data type and its maximum length must be no longer than the column length.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Functional Setup Manager (FSM) as a supply chain implementation consultant.
2. Create a Supply Chain Accounting implementation project.
3. From the project's Define Cost Accounting's tasklist, go to the 'Manage Cost Key Flexfield' tasks.
4. Create a segment code using the COST_ORG_CODE column name with a display width of 20.
5. Verify all other fields are have valid values assigned, and click Save.
6. Confirm the above error.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms