Fusion HCM: Saved Transaction With Emergency Contact Ultimately Results In Error
Last updated on MARCH 01, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 188.8.131.52.0 to 184.108.40.206.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Performance
Creating new hires and with emergency contacts (regardless of type e.g. spouse, emergency, friend...), if users complet the transaction in one shot, it works just fine.
However, if users saves for later on the assignment screen (after already adding the emergency contact), it fails, and it appears the failure is pointing to an issue with the contact not existing on the effective date.
Alos, if users create the hire, skip adding in the emergency contact, save for later and then upon resuming the transaction, add the spouse, it goes through just fine.
It appears that adding the spouse prior to saving the transaction that causes this issue.
Steps To Reproduce
1. Log in as HR Administrator.
2. Start New Hire Process and complete Identification and Personal Information pages.
3. Save and Close the page to resume later.
4. Resume completion of New Hire - observe on the Personal Information Page - some values entered for Emergency Contact and Phone Number Details have disappeared.
5. If the HR Administrator does not notice this then it results in the above error and failed transaction.
6. If the HR Administrator does notice it and updates, even after the update, they receive an error message of "Attribute Phone Type in Phone () is required" - however upon clicking OK, the HR Administrator is able continue and complete the transaction
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms