Last updated on JUNE 03, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion CRM for Microsoft Outlook - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After removing the UniqueNameAlias field from the Account/Organization Outlook Form in App Composer it is no longer possible to save changes to Account in Outlook as the error message "Account Name is Required" is displayed even though the Account Name has been specified.
The message "Account Name is Required" should not appear.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Sign-in to Sales Cloud Desktop/Simplifed Application and navigate to Application Composer
2. Select Common>Account>Pages>Outlook Pages>Organization Form.
3. Select Layout and Edit.
4. Shuttle the UniqueNameAlias field from Selected Fields to Available Fields
5. Extract/Import/Active the package.
6. Sync All Changes in Outlook to obtain the new package
7. Create a new Account, Notice, after adding the Name as well, Name is required validation message is displayed.
8. Open Existing Account record, notice that none of the buttons are visible.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms