Fusion Applications BI Publisher : Custom Database Package is not accessible from BI Publisher Event Trigger dialog
Last updated on DECEMBER 12, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Application Toolkit - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Technology Management - BI & Reporting
When building a custom data model we are looking to make calls to a custom database package which we have added to the XXHR schema. The appropriate grants and synonyms have been created to provide access via FUSION_RUNTIME schema but the 'Available Functions' dialog shows no packages or functions for the ApplicationDB_HCM datasource.
We would expect to see a list of the available packages and functions from the target datasource which could then be selected for use in the data model.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. create a custom database package and issue execute grants to FUSION_RUNTIME
2. create a synonym in the FUSION schema providing access to the XXXHR.
3. create a new BI Publisher datamodel and set the datasource as ApplicationDB_HCM
4. set the custom XXHR. as the default package for the data model
5. create a beforereport EventTrigger and check the AvailableFunctions dialog, it will list no packages or functions
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot use the custom package in their report development preventing the desired report creation
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms