Deletion of Person Records in Fusion
Last updated on JANUARY 08, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Delete Person Position Statement
Update from Chris Leone, SVP of HCM Development on 6-Jan-2017
• Oracle does not purge/delete data within production. To adhere to compliance, any data that needs to be “removed” goes through an obfuscation process by which the data will be anonymized. But the data will never be fully deleted or removed. Although we have provided a means outside of our normal process in the past, going forward we will adhere to our standards of not purging production data and you will need to use the obfuscation technique.
• In Stage there is a process to purge data. Here is a link to the MOS document explaining the process: Purging Data from Stage and Test Environments (Doc ID 2132109.1)
• Here is a link to the MOS document regarding obfuscation using HDL: Disposal of Employee Data in Oracle Fusion HCM (Doc ID 2216828.1)
You cannot delete a person from the database. The reason a complete person delete is not available is because the person object is an integral part of the application and there can be many references to it from other applications, including integrations with Taleo. Deleting the person would cause referential data integrity issues that would jeopardize the functionality of the application.
But there are objects:
- That can be deleted without restrictions, for example, phones, emails, and profile content etc.
- That have restrictions preventing the deletion of data such as person names, person legislative data, etc.
- That have restrictions and dependencies and require a process to be run to remove the data that was generated from a process such as compensation, work relationships, etc.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms