Deletion of Person Records in Fusion
(Doc ID 2075369.1)
Last updated on JANUARY 09, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Delete Person Position Statement
• Oracle does not purge/delete data within production. To adhere to compliance, any data that needs to be “removed” goes through an obfuscation process by which the data will be anonymized. But the data will never be fully deleted or removed. Although we have provided a means outside of our normal process in the past, going forward we will adhere to our standards of not purging production data and you will need to use the obfuscation technique.
• In Stage there is a process to purge data. <Document 2132109.1> explains the process: Purging Data from Stage and Test Environments
• Here is a link to the MOS document regarding obfuscation using HDL: Disposal of Employee Data in Oracle Fusion HCM <Document 2216828.1>
You cannot delete a person from the database. The reason a complete person delete is not available is because the person object is an integral part of the application and there can be many references to it from other applications, including integrations with Taleo. Deleting the person would cause referential data integrity issues that would jeopardize the functionality of the application.
But there are objects:
- That can be deleted without restrictions, for example, phones, emails, and profile content etc.
- That have restrictions preventing the deletion of data such as person names, person legislative data, etc.
- That have restrictions and dependencies and require a process to be run to remove the data that was generated from a process such as compensation, work relationships, etc.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document