Error showing tasklist. Possible reasons could be: 1. SOA server connection information is not available. 2. If it is run in federated mode, the default server may be down.
(Doc ID 2110255.1)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to create employees after upgrade, the transactions are submitted. When checking worklist for transaction status/notification,
the following error occurs.
Error showing tasklist. Possible reasons could be:
1. SOA server connection information is not available.
2. If it is run in federated mode, the default server may be down.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. From the CommonDomain homepage server try to access the TASK service WSDL using the
wget <URL> .
The internal urls(crm-internal, fs-internal etc) should resolve correctly when executed in the host machine and will fail elsewhere. So, execute them in host machine only.
2. From the SOA server Host of the taskqueryservice, try to access the URL directly.
3. If both are assessable, check how the host to ip is resolved in the FA environment. All the HTTP SOAP access goes through OHS which resolves the DNS host name to IP. Use nslookup of the host to see it it resolves the ip correctly to the SOA server. Refer to http://www.ateam-oracle.com/listen-addresses/ for suggestions on troubleshooting this issue.
4. Are /etc/hosts and proxies set up properly on common domain and soa server machines?
5. Review the following :
FusionVirtualhost_???.conf where ??? is the domain abbreviation from /u02/instance/CommonDomain_webtier_local/config/OHS/ohs1/moduleconf
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!