ER Issue With Payload Custom Long Text Attributes Not Being Encoded, Need Sugestive Error Message
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Sales - Version 126.96.36.199.0 to 188.8.131.52.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Describe how the current product is insufficient:
A user gets a completely useless random integer error code in case of wrongly encoded long text field value using SOAP WS request.
2. Provide a detailed description of the Enhancement Request:
User needs a meaningful error message. Something like "Long text field not encoded properly" or similar.
3. If possible, identify how the product can be changed to achieve the desired result:
Catch the XML input before parsing it and check proper formatting of each field without assuming that the user inserted everything flawlessly.
4. Explain why Oracle Development should consider the Enhancement Request:
Assume erroneous input and provide meaningful error message - fundamental usability principle. This will reduce development time and most importantly, reduce unnecessary openings of SR and therefore load on oracle support team.
5. Describe how this Enhancement will benefit the Customer's business:
Faster development, considerate time and money savings.
6. Is this Enhancement affecting an implementation milestone?
7. Please provide and describe the business flow that is affected by this Enhancement:
All and every SOAP WS integration business flow.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms