Fusion Global HR: HR Specialist not Able to Create Contact From Existing Person
Last updated on DECEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
HR Specialist is performing a task of Global Temporary assignment wherein he has to create a contact from existing person in person information .
The system is not allowing to do so instead throwing up an error.
This error is popping up not for all employees but for specific ones.
A person must have at least one name record.
You cannot delete all of a person's names without deleting the person record.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. My Workforce > Person Management
2. Search for Employee > Select Employee by Clicking on the name
3. Click on Manage Employment in task list to the left side of screen > Click on Edit (Update)
4. Enter Effective Date/ Action (Global Temporary Assignment) and Destination Legal Employer > Click on Ok
5. Select Source Assignment status > Verifies Person Identification Information
6. Click on Next > Verify Citizenship and Visa Information
7. Verify Contact Information > Click on Contacts
8. Click on Create contact from existing person > Enter the details > An error pops up
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms