Fusion Global HR: Error "You must designate one of the existing secondary work relationships as primary before terminating the primary work relationship." While Correcting Termination Date.
Last updated on DECEMBER 11, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 22.214.171.124.0 version, Global Human Resources.
The issue is while correcting the termination date. For eg. the worker's Work Relationship has been terminated on 25-May-2016.
The same worker has been already rehired starting from 01-Jul-2016.
Now for some reason, the worker's previous Work Relationship needs to continue for one more week. So customer would like to
correct the termination date from May 25th to May 31st.
When attempting to correct the termination date for a Worker from 25-May-2016 to 31-May-2016, the following error occurs.
You must designate one of the existing secondary work relationships as primary before terminating the primary work relationship.
1. Same error is coming if trying to reverse terminate.
2. Customer uses 2-tier model with one assignment.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log into Fusion Applications.
2. Navigate to My Workforce > Person Management.
3. Search for the worker who has been terminated already with termination date = 25-May-2016.
4. Click on task "Manage Work Relationship" task in the Person Management work area.
5. Select "Correct Termination" from the Action list with a new terminate date of 31-May-2016.
6. Click on Review button. Then the above error is shown.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms