Reversal Indicator 'N' And NULL Results In Accounting Reversal
(Doc ID 2179151.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 15, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Accounting Hub - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The following Accounting Attributes have been set up for a custom subledger application
- First Distribution Identifier
- Distribution Type
- Entered Amount
- Entered Currency Code
- Conversion Rate
- Accounting Date
- Accounted Amount
- Accounting Reversal Indicator
- Accrual Reversal Accounting Date Source
- Accounting Reversal First Distribution Identifier
- Accounting Reversal Distribution Type
During the data processing, we observe the following:
- For events with Reversal Indicator 'N' or NULL with a Reversal Date, a reversal entry is generated in XLA.
- For events with Reversal Indicator 'Y' in a Reversal Date, no entry is generated in XLA.
- For events with Reversal Indicator 'N' without a Reversal Date, no entry is generated in XLA.
This is the opposite of what is documented in "Define Subledger Accounting Rules" on docs.oracle.com, as Accounting Reversal Indicator 'Y' should result in a "Reverse without creating a replacement line" and 'N' or 'Null' should result in 'Not a reversal'.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document