Fusion Global Payroll (US): Custom Secondary Classification Adding to Taxes that were Not Selected in the Wage Basis
(Doc ID 2192355.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Global Payroll - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Payroll Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
User defined secondary classification with wage basis set for FIT only, is calculating taxes for Medicare, SIT, City, and School.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigator>Payroll>Payroll Calculations
2. Select the Manage Element Classifications task
3. Create a new secondary classification for the Standard Earnings Primary Classification
4. Select the Manage Component Group Rules task
5. Select the applicable legislative Data Group (LDG)
6. Click on Federal
7. Add a record for Standard Earnings/User Defined Secondary Classification for Federal income tax only
8. Create an element using the new secondary classification
9. Add an element entry
10. Process a QuickPay
11. Verify results and note all taxes are deducted
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document