Not Able To Find Business Unit BU Specific Roles in Identity Manager OIM
(Doc ID 2222627.1)
Last updated on DECEMBER 21, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Incentive Compensation Cloud Service - Version 220.127.116.11.0 to 18.104.22.168.0 [Release 1.0]
Oracle Fusion Incentive Compensation - Version 22.214.171.124.0 to 126.96.36.199.0 [Release 1.0]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
NOTE: For Release 12 and beyond, see Doc ID 2256889.1 How To Generate Role For Business Units for Incentive Compensation in Rel 12
Can not find the external roles (eg. Incentive Compensation Manager TEST BU) in Identity Manager ( OIM ) to assign to implementation user.
Unable to find the Business Unit Roles in OIM
Navigator > Setup and Maintenance
1. Create Business Unit "TEST BU"
2. Assign Incentive Compensation business function to business unit
3. Task: Verify Role Generation (APM)
... see Incentive Compensation Application Administration TEST BU
Incentive Compensation Manager TEST BU
Incentive Compensation Plan Administrator TEST BU
Incentive Compensation Analyst TEST BU
4. Task: Provision role to implementation user ... this launches Identity Manager (OIM)
5. In OIM, query up User = Test Manager User
Go to Roles, click on Assign
Search Display Name = Incentive Compensation Manager TEST BU ... do not see any results.
6. Run Navigator > Tools > Scheduled Processes > Schedule New Processes > job : Send Pending LDAP Requests
7. Check in OIM again and still do not see these external roles.
1. Create a provisioning rule that defaults in one of these roles (eg. Incentive Compensation Manager TEST BU)
2. Create new user in Manage Users and see the autoprovision role included this role
3. Run Send Pending LDAP Requests job
4. Check in OIM and search for the user. The roles that were assigned did not include this role.
Due to this issue, users cannot assign the security roles related to Business Unit created.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!