Mandatory Descriptive Flexfield ( DFF) In Purchase Order (PO) Distributions Is Not Mandatory While Validating Or Submitting The Purchase Order (PO) For Approval
Last updated on APRIL 30, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order Descriptive Flexfields (DFFs) are enabled on Distributions as mandatory, but no validations occur when you do not enter any value for Descriptive Flexfields (DFF) segments.
The validation error should be thrown even while validating the purchase order (PO) from 'Line' tab.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1) Create 6 DFF for PO distribution (PO_DISTRIBUTIONS). Out of these 6 DFFs, Make 3 segments as "Required" (Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax).
2) Deploy the DFF & verify that they are displayed in PO distribution line.
3) Create a new PO (PO Number 1512066). Add a line and enter the details.
4) Now, without entering any details in distributions tab, save the PO.
5) Observe that the PO is saved and no error message is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax.
6) From actions, perform 'Validate'.
7) Observe that no validation is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details. When you perform 'Validate', you get a message saying 'No errors or warnings were found'.
8) Submit the PO for approval and it gets submitted. The status is updated as Pending Approval.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms