Mandatory Descriptive Flexfield ( DFF) In Purchase Order (PO) Line/Schedule/Distribution Is Not Mandatory While Validating Or Submitting The Purchase Order (PO) For Approval
Last updated on MARCH 15, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order Line/Schedule/Distribution Flexfields (DFFs) are enabled as mandatory, but no validations occur when you do not enter any value for Descriptive Flexfields (DFF) segments.
The validation error should be thrown even while validating the purchase order (PO) from 'Line' tab.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps, showing example with Distributions:
1) Create 6 DFF for PO distribution (PO_DISTRIBUTIONS). Out of these 6 DFFs, Make 3 segments as "Required" (Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax).
2) Deploy the DFF & verify that they are displayed in PO distribution line.
3) Create a new PO (PO Number 1512066). Add a line and enter the details.
4) Now, without entering any details in distributions tab, save the PO.
5) Observe that the PO is saved and no error message is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax.
6) From actions, perform 'Validate'.
7) Observe that no validation is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details. When you perform 'Validate', you get a message saying 'No errors or warnings were found'.
8) Submit the PO for approval and it gets submitted. The status is updated as Pending Approval.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms