PRC:PO:Mandatory Descriptive Flexfield ( DFF) In Purchase Order (PO) Line/Schedule/Distribution Is Not Mandatory While Validating Or Submitting The Purchase Order (PO) For Approval
(Doc ID 2243014.1)
Last updated on MAY 05, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Purchasing - Version 220.127.116.11.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Purchasing Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Purchase Order Line/Schedule/Distribution Flexfields (DFFs) are enabled as mandatory, but no validations occur when you do not enter any value for Descriptive Flexfields (DFF) segments.
The validation error should be thrown even while validating the purchase order (PO) from 'Line' tab.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps, showing example with Distributions:
1) Create 6 DFF for PO distribution (PO_DISTRIBUTIONS). Out of these 6 DFFs, Make 3 segments as "Required" (Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax).
2) Deploy the DFF & verify that they are displayed in PO distribution line.
3) Create a new PO (PO Number XXXXXX). Add a line and enter the details.
4) Now, without entering any details in distributions tab, save the PO.
5) Observe that the PO is saved and no error message is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details Department, Advance Payment Term & With Holding Tax.
6) From actions, perform 'Validate'.
7) Observe that no validation is thrown saying to enter the mandatory details. When you perform 'Validate', you get a message saying 'No errors or warnings were found'.
8) Submit the PO for approval and it gets submitted. The status is updated as Pending Approval.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document