Cost Adjustment Do Not Land up in The Current Open Cost Period
(Doc ID 2351014.1)
Last updated on JUNE 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Cost Management - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Cost Management Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find an inventory transaction that is already costed within Cost Management (e.g. Dec-17). An Invoice Price Variance (IPV) is created when matching the Invoice to a Receipt. In this case, the adjustment (sometimes very small e.g. 0.03 Euro) is propagated as an adjustment within Cost Management.
However, this is costed within the closed period (Dec-17), although the Invoice Price Variance was booked in the open one. (Jan-17).
1. Setup a cost book with actual costing (FIFO) with valuation unit COST ORG only.
2. Create a PO (Purchase Order) with this item and a cost in a different currency then the currency on the ledger.
3. Receive the PO quantity.
4. Handle all then receipt accounting and cost accounting and close the costing period.
5. Create an invoice and match on the receipt (3-way matching) and create an IPV.
6. Do all the Receipt Accounting and Cost Accounting posting the IPV to the Layer of the original receipt (Acquisition cost adjustment) .
7. Create the Cost Accounting Distributions (and see error closed period).
Since the period Dec is already closed, it is possible the Cost Adjustment to be costed in Jan-17, to follow the above example?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document