Fusion Security: Supplier Contact User Account Creation Fails With Error - User Name Already Exists In Identity Store
Last updated on JANUARY 23, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Fusion Supplier Portal Cloud Service - Version 18.104.22.168.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Global Human Resources Cloud Service - Version 22.214.171.124.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Financials Common Module Cloud Service - Version 126.96.36.199.0 and later
Oracle Fusion Application Toolkit - Version 188.8.131.52.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While creating a Supplier Contact User Account in Fusion Application, the user account creation fails with errors mentioned below.
Steps to Reproduce the Issue
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create Supplier Contact User as per standard documentation (Refer: https://docs.oracle.com/cloud/farel12/scmcs_gs/FAICF/FAICF1921029.htm#FAICF1928278).
3. User Account Creation fails with errors mentioned above.
The following setup/configuration was done in customer's environment:
1. Person Number generation was set to MANUAL. This implies that the Person Number was being entered manually for the bulk loaded/ manually entered Employee(s).
[Navigate to Setup & Maintenance page, search for task Manage Enterprise HCM Information and under the Enterprise Information section look for Person Number Generation Method set as Manual]
2. Party Number generation was set to AUTOMATIC. This implies that the Party Numbers were generated using the system Sequence Name: REGISTRY_ID.
[Navigate to Setup & Maintenance page, search for task Manage Document Sequences and search for Document Sequence Name as REGISTRY_ID]
3. User Name Generation Rule was set to Person or party Number.
[Navigate to Tools > Security Console > Administration > General and look under the User Preferences - Generation Rule]
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms