No Validation Done When Garbage Values Are Entered Into Cells Of A Table
Last updated on APRIL 11, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Demand Management Cloud Service - Version 184.108.40.206.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
No validation done when garbage values (i.e.: 3*4, 5#3, etc) are entered into a cell and Saved.
The values still remain after the Save yet no longer exist when the table is refreshed.
We expect some validation to be done and warning message to be displayed when the user accidentally enter non numeric datatype values (garbage values) in the cells of a table for an editable numeric measure
STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1. Double-Click in an editable cell in the table.
2. Put some garbage values in the cell. (i.e.: 3*4, 5#3, etc) and tab out.
3. Click Save. The values are still present.
4. Click Refresh. It will show warning that you will lose your changes. Click yes.
5. Now the garbage values are gone.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms