23C Known Issue: Additional Combinations created in Demand Plans after including Open Sales Orders
(Doc ID 2972513.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 03, 2023
Applies to:Oracle Demand Management Cloud Service - Version 11.13.23.04.0 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Release 23C introduced the feature “View quantities for open sales orders”. This provided the ability to view quantities for open sales orders by Item, Organization, Customer Site, Demand Class, and Time in demand plans. The predefined Sales Orders measure has always been included in the default Demand Management measure catalog. However, prior to release 23C, it was not being populated.
After updating to release 23C, customers who are collecting sales orders and who have the Sales Orders measure in their measure catalog will now be able to view quantities for open sales orders in their demand plans. No additional setup is required.
Customers who are collecting demand history (any of the shipments history or bookings history variants) for different customer sites and/or demand classes for which they are collecting sales orders, will have additional combinations created in their demand plans because of this feature.
• If you are populating Demand Class when loading shipments or bookings history but not populating Demand Class when collecting sales orders, then new combinations for existing Items, Organizations, and Customer Sites with an unassigned Demand Class will be created. The Sales Orders measure will be stored and displayed against the Demand Class “Unassigned”.
• If you are pre-aggregating shipments or bookings history on the customer dimension and loading these against dummy Customer Sites but collecting sales orders for actual Customer Sites, then new combinations for existing Items, Organizations, and Demand Classes with the actual Customer Sites from the sales orders will be created. The Sales Orders measure will be stored and displayed against these actual Customer Sites.
If you are manually entering measure values or loading measure values via REST services or import from Excel at an aggregate level, then these values might be Disaggregated to the new combinations depending on the Disaggregation settings of the measure. This would happen when the Disaggregation Type of the measure is “Same value” or “Equal”. It could also happen when the Disaggregation Type of the measure is “By measure” or “By self” but there are no existing values for the Disaggregation basis or secondary basis (in which case the Disaggregation reverts to “Equal”).
Customers collecting both demand history and sales orders from Fusion source will not have additional combinations created.
Customers who are loading demand history and/or sales orders via File-Based Data Import (FBDI) and are using the same customer sites and demand classes for both will not have additional combinations created.
It is observed that additional combinations with new Customer Sites and/or Demand Classes have been created for existing Items and Organizations.
The issue occurs for customers who have the following:
1. They are collecting Sales Orders (either from Fusion source or loading via FBDI)
2. The Sales Orders measure is included in a Measure Catalog that is used in an active Demand Plan
3. They are loading history data for different customer sites and/or demand classes than the Sales Order data has been collected
In that case, additional combinations are created for the Plan, and user adjustments made at the aggregate level might be split down to these additional combinations as well.
The issue can occur after updating to Release 23C.
The issue applies to:
Demand Management Cloud
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Update to 23C
2. Run the Demand Plan
3. Review the Output for Additional Combinations
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document