Last updated on JUNE 30, 2016
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.0 to Oracle Linux 6.4 with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel [2.6.39] [Release OL5 to OL6U4]
This document covers the following questions:
- How to rebuild the initial ramdisk image in Oracle Linux?
- How to remake the initrd or initramfs?
- How to recreate the initrd or initramfs?
- Modified /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and my root file system resides on a logical volume. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
- Modified /etc/multipath.conf and my root file system resides on a multipath device. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
- Modified some module options in /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms