How to Rebuild the Initial Ramdisk Image in Oracle Linux 5 or Oracle Linux 6?
(Doc ID 1573625.1)
Last updated on NOVEMBER 12, 2020
Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.0 to Oracle Linux 6.10 [Release OL5 to OL6U10]
Private Cloud Appliance - Version 2.2.2 to 2.2.2 [Release 2.0]
This document covers the following questions:
- How to rebuild the initial ramdisk image in Oracle Linux?
- How to remake the initrd or initramfs?
- How to recreate the initrd or initramfs?
- Modified /etc/lvm/lvm.conf and my root file system resides on a logical volume. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
- Modified /etc/multipath.conf and my root file system resides on a multipath device. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
- Modified some module options in /etc/modprobe.conf or /etc/modprobe.d/. How to ensure the changes are applied upon rebooting?
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a million knowledge articles and a vibrant support community of peers and Oracle experts.