Issues Of MS Windows VM With PV Driver
(Doc ID 1677236.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 04, 2018
Applies to:Oracle VM - Version 2.1 and later
MS Windows running as Oracle VM guest with Paravirtual(PV) driver installed may experience BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death).
The issue is not limitated to specific MS Windows version, but mostly happened in
- MS Windows 2003 (R2)
- MS Windows 2008 (R2)
- MS Windows XP
The issue happens in all Oracle VM versions of 2.x and 3.x.
Note2: The "0x0000007B" is more commonly been observed in Oracle VM, but could also get other error code such as "0x0000007E", "0x000000D1", "0x00000101", etc,
Note3: The driver file name could also be vmnet.sys instead of xenpci.sys
The issue could happen under different scenario:
- Live migrate a MS Windows VM guest between different Oracle VM Servers
- Update Oracle VM PV driver for MS Windows
- MS Windows VM was imported/migrated from VMware ESX into Oracle VM
- MS Windows VM was imported/migrated from Oracle Virutal Box ESX into Oracle VM
- MS Windows was created by p2v from bare-metal server
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!