Ocfs2 mount Hung on Journal Commit Deadlock in "jbd2_journal_commit_transaction"
Last updated on APRIL 27, 2017
Applies to:Linux OS - Version Oracle Linux 5.5 with Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel [2.6.32] and later
Oracle VM - Version 3.1.1 and later
In Oracle VM environment, the repositories are using attached external storage, and the lun could be recognized correctly.
But you may encounter following problem:
- some specific repository got hung, and not able to refresh the repository via Manager GUI.
- Any operation, like ls, df etc, on the repository (OCFS2 mount) gets hung
- Confirmed there is no storage issue
The virtual machines hosted on the repository gets hung as well
Reboot one OCFS2 node could not resolve the hung. You need to reboot all nodes in the pool to solve the issue
Oracle VM server system log shows Call Trace below:
Same hung issue can also occur on Oracle Linux server with OCFS2 filesystem mounted:
- All Oracle UEK12/3 kernel may encounter this issue
- OCFS2 1.4-x, 1.6-x release may also encounter this issue theoretically
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms