Attempts To Clone VM Using An Externally Connected ZS3-2 Results In Error
Last updated on JUNE 21, 2017
Applies to:Private Cloud Appliance - Version 2.0.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
- Attempts to clone VM using an externally connected ZS3-2 results in error.
- With this PCA installation we have created many VM servers via clones where the data for the server for the clone were LUNs on the PCA ZS3-ES SAN.
- Have a ZS3-2 external to the PCA connected via Infiniband and working with VMs created using LUNs on the ZS3-2.
- Attempts to clone a server using ZS3-2 storage using the same method we use for the ZS3-ES in the PCA the job aborted with the error
- The clone target does not support thin cloning;.
- Tried both sparse and non-sparse clone types for the copy but all fails.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms